ONE SOUND, ONE VOICE, ONE FESTIVAL: ILOCOS SURE!

The Kannawidan Ylocos Festival is an annual event held in the city of Vigan, Ilocos Sur in the northern Philippines. The festival, which takes place every January, is a celebration of the rich cultural heritage and traditions of the Ilocos region.

During the festival, visitors can enjoy a range of activities, including street dancing performances, cultural exhibits, food fairs, and beauty pageants. There are also competitions showcasing traditional crafts and skills such as weaving, pottery, and woodcarving. 

In tawid ken yaman, you may see the various products that each municipality in Ilocos Sur produces. The nicest part of Tawid and Yaman is the food since you can try the many cuisines in other towns and purchase things manufactured by each, including abel and more. The range of products and foods I saw at the Kannawidan when I visited there astounded me. I also participated in numerous activities, including the battle of the bands and street dance. On Governors Night, I attended the governors' celebration, where I saw Mayonnaise and many GMA stars perform. I also got to sing along with one of my favorite artist and that is Angeline Quinto.


Experience the distinctive Ilocos culture, including its cuisine, music, dance, and arts and crafts, during the Kannawidan Ylocos Festival. The festival also honors the history of the area, which goes all the way back to the Spanish colonial era and beyond.

Comments

Popular Posts